This book provides teachers, school counselors, social workers and psychologists with tools to assist middle school students in grades 6-8 with better impulse control.
Lessons address the multiple areas that are affected by impulsivity such as academics, emotions, problem-solving, social skills and romantic relationships. Expanding on existing evidenced-based practices for decreasing impulsivity, this book provides engaging activities and worksheets to use with groups or individuals.
Reproducible content is now available as a download.
These activities teach children how to:
- Understand the value of impulse control
- Use patience and tolerance
- Anticipate consequences
- Practice good problem-solving
- Recognize and manage feelings
- Use impulse control with peers
- Practice good listening skills
- Be the Boss of impulses
- Use impulse control with anger & anxiety
- And more!