Using cognitive-behavioral theory and techniques, this book provides tools for teaching students in grades 1-5 how to stop and think before acting, and how to be more reflective (vs. impulsive).
Activities include games, role-plays, and worksheets to help engage students while they learn invaluable lessons about using self-control techniques. The book provides specific, creative activities and worksheets to use with groups or individual students. Lessons address the multiple areas are affected by impulsivity such as academics, emotions, problem-solving, and social skills.
Reproducible content is now available as a download.
These activities teach children how to:
- Understanding impulse control
- Use patience and tolerance
- Anticipate consequences
- Practice good problem-solving
- Recognize and manage feelings
- Use impulse control with peers
- Practice good listening skills
- Be the Boss of impulses
- Use impulse control with anger & anxiety
- And more!