Learn how to submit products and product proposals to Research Press for consideration.
Thank you for considering Research Press as a potential publisher!
We welcome proposals for books and other products created by counselors, educators, clinicians and scholars in the following subject areas:
- Social Skills
- Social/Emotional Learning
- Life Skills/Character Development
- Anger and Conflict Management
- Assessment/Response to Intervention
- Behavior Management
- Bullying Prevention
- Girls and Boys Programs/Diversity
- Grief Counseling
- Special Education/Special Needs
- Motivation/School Success
- Stress Management
- Professional Counseling Resources for Clinic, Community Health, K-12
- Counseling Textbooks for Higher Education
Our preference is on acquiring user-friendly, evidence-based prevention and intervention programs for children and adolescents in schools, mental health settings and correctional facilities.
Please visit our website to review our current offerings to determine if your manuscript or product is a good fit for Research Press.
Submitting a Proposal
We will accept a proposal that includes the following information:
- Summary of proposed project content
- Detailed table of contents
- Sample chapters or other representative portion (e.g., set of activities), if possible
- Description of the audience
- Information about any relevant research or field testing
- Brief summary of similar books available on the subject and explanation of how your proposed project differs from those books
- Curriculum vitae and/or short bio for each principal author
- Current contact information for the first author
Your proposal must be sent to [email protected] and include Manuscript Proposal in your email subject line. We will not review unsolicited proposals or manuscripts sent through the mail. Our editorial and marketing teams will review your proposal. If we decide to pursue a selected work for possible publication, we will contact the lead author. This process requires four to six weeks. Once you have submitted your proposal, you may also follow up with the review team by using the same email address.